Global IME Bank, DEPROSC Nepal ink MoU to promote digital transaction
KATHMANDU, August 2: A memorandum of understanding has been signed between Global IME Bank Limited and DEPROSC Nepal for the implementation of the ‘Samunnati Digital Finance’ project to promote digital transactions.
With the agreement made, the bank will participate in the program conducted by DEPROSC Nepal with the aim of promoting financial transactions through digital means.
Similarly, under the project, The bank will also participate in the program conducted in partnership with UK-based Practical Action and DEPROSC Nepal at 8 local levels namely Bhumey and Putha Uttarganga and Shantinagar, Dangisharan, Triveni, Runtigadhi, Parivartan, Thabang of Dang, Rolpa and Rukum-East districts of Lumbini Province.
It is believed that digital transactions in collaboration with banks will save time, labor and expenses of the affected communities. The households involved in this project are engaged in vegetable, dairy, walnut, orange farming and goat rearing businesses.
Out of the 5,500 households involved in the project, 80 percent of the participants will be women and the remaining 20 percent will be from various marginalized families including people from disabled households and families.