South Asian Travel Awards opens for nomination for 2023
KATHMANDU, Jan 24: South Asia’s most anticipated tourism and hospitality recognition award has opened nomination for the year 2023. The awards which were launched in 2016 recognize the best of South Asia’s hospitality and travel industry. The prestigious annual event honors stellar organizations and individuals in a wide array of categories.
SATA opened the nominations with revamped categories for properties and brands to compete, in addition to Visitors Choice Awards and Special Recognition Awards.
SATA has been endorsed by over 15 International and government agencies for its work to elevate tourism and hospitality in the region.
• Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
• Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
• Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
• Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
• Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (CATO),
• Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
• Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB),
• Kerala Hotel General Manager Club (KHGMC),
• National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
• Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO),
• Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC),
• Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
• Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO),
• The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL),
• Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA),
•Hotel Association Nepal (HAN),
This year SATA celebrates its 7th year in recognizing the region’s Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality Industries. The previous editions being held at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi, Maldives (2022), SATA Virtual (2020), Amari Galle, Sri Lanka (2019), Taj Mahal Palace, India (2018), Equator Village, Maldives (2017) and Mount Lavinia Hotel, Sri Lanka (2016).
The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) is an annual event that recognizes and celebrates the best in the travel and tourism industry in South Asia. The awards ceremony recognizes the achievements of hotels, airlines, destinations, and other organizations that contribute to the growth and success of the travel and tourism industry in the region.
The SATA is one of the most prestigious awards in the travel and tourism industry in South Asia, with winners being selected by a panel of experts and industry professionals. The awards are given in a variety of categories, including Best Domestic Destination, Best International Destination, Best Adventure Destination, and Best Emerging Destination.
In recent years, the SATA has become increasingly competitive, with more and more organizations vying for coveted awards. The ceremony is attended by top industry professionals and travel enthusiasts, making it a major event in the South Asian travel and tourism calendar.
The SATA not only recognizes the achievements of the winners but also serves as a platform to showcase the latest trends and developments in the travel and tourism industry in South Asia. The event includes a series of networking opportunities that provide a valuable opportunity for industry professionals to share ideas and insights.
Overall, the South Asian Travel Awards play a crucial role in promoting the travel and tourism industry in South Asia and recognizing the contributions of the organizations that drive its success.
Properties can now nominate online via www.southasiantravelawards.com until 10th April 2023.
SOUTH ASIAN TRAVEL AWARDS
The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) has been recognizing the best of South Asia’s hospitality and travel industry
since 2016. The prestigious annual event honors stellar organizations and individuals in a wide array of categories.